Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hamster!!!

OK, it's been a week, I'll try and write as much as I can remember.
Note: Mum and Dad are my hostparents, it's just easier
I made the pikelets, which turned out very runny but were still delicious, then Dad dropped Supika and I off at Aeon Mall. I bought Mum 2 handkerchiefs because it's her birthday this coming Monday. I was picking out handkerchiefs thinking her taste was like Muttis, but Supika was saying she likes really cute things, which I can definetly see, so I chose cute butterflies. My Mum is very cutesie, while Supika is not, at least, compared to all the other Japanese girls I've met. Tried some Japanese sweets and there was a manga and CD sale so I bought 3 mangas which I'm slowly making my way through, I'm re-writing it in English. And 4 CDs, Gorillaz, Lisa Loeb, Incubus and AQUA!!!!!! They were only 100 yen each, so it only cost me $10 altogether!! So I do have some more music, for now..
We returned by train and Kouha was at home with his friend. This was my 3rd time seeing him, I think, if I see him about once a week, It'll be around 40 times I'll meet him, maybe? hahaha
We had a BBQ outside, yes, in the middle of freezing spring and I ate cows stomach and clam. The word for shell is kai so that's really easy to remember. Also, I love the mushrooms over here, they are sooo cute!! And the word for mushroom is even cooler!! It's kinoko. Ki means tree, no is possession, like Juliette's is Julietteno, and ko is the beginning word of kodomo - child. So, a mushroom is the tree's child!!! How awesome is that?? Or maybe not...

Monday, I now have 2 trains in the morning, and was literally packed in like a sardine. I don't like taking the train in the morning, but atleast I have only 1 stop. I wasn't thinking, so didn't get off where I was meant to, and got off at Hiroshima instead. Had to take 2 more trains to get to the bus stop, but the next bus to school was at 9:05. I called Dad, he picked me up and I was only 15 minutes late.
I had LL that day, the English lessons with the 1st years and Robbie, which was really good, learning basic English and me learning basic Jap. AND, a boy talked to me!! For the 1st time EVER!! I still don't know any of the boys names in my class!!! I'm just completely ignored, it's so weird. The rest of the week pretty uneventful, except for Friday, I PET A HAMSTER!!!!!!

OMG it was sooooo cute!!! And so small too!! There was no club cause Robbie was sick so Yuka, Humi and I spent an hour petting the hamster and working out Miyajima Island. I'm going to go there next Saturday with them. I got home and Dad took me out to have Okonomiyaki for dinner. We went into this little (tiny more like) shop, which had the iron plate in front of us and the man cooked it in front of us. It was sooo cool, everyone was talking to each other (they don't in restaurants) and they all knew the cities and Mt Cook etc. A very Japanese thing to say, but it had a really good atmosphere. Okonomiyaki, they cooked a kind of thin pancake, put noodles, cabbage, fish flakes, seasoning on top, cooked and flattened it for around 5 mins, then cracked an egg on the hot plate, shaped it into a pancake shape, then pressed everything together, smothered it in sauce and seasoning, then we ate it off the hot plate with special cutting knives. I was sooo messy with mine haha. We took some to go and Dad picked up Supika who was at cram school, and Mum who was at another work party.

Today, I went to the library and got out some really easy childrens books (that last one was way too hard) then went to Supika's school. Yes, sometimes she has school on Saturdays, THEN she has chorus for 3 hours!! It was a day for parents to come and see their children 'working hard'. They all stared when I came in of course haha.
I got some more money out of an ATM, my last amount for about 2 months. I spent so much last time cause I had to pay around $100 for school trips and stationery etc. But money isn't too much of a necessity on average weeks. Because 10,000 is the minimum to get out, I'll put 5000 aside to save up for October. I'll also talk to Dad about opening a bank account hopefully tomorrow or next week.

OK, I think I've written everything important haha
Oh, I also have been watching 3 year old shows on the comp, like sesame street, and I can understand what they are saying!!! Supika just shakes her head hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment