Tuesday, April 6, 2010

1st (half) Day At School!!

Woke up at 6.30 and left house at 7.20, hostdad dropped me off at bus stop. There were other girls going to Misuzugaoka High too so I stayed with them. I sat next to a girl named Yuka. I met 3 other Yukas that day lol. I introduced myself to the teachers then sat in the english department to memorise my speech. Around 9.30 my teacher, Yanagi-sensei, took me to the auditorium. We listened to the teachers then the Principal introduced me and I spoke. They laughed a lot, especially that I can speak German and like to read Inuyasha. Afterwards I met my class, 2-7. The teacher read notices and I was given a locker key. I made friends with the girls sitting around me, Nao (one of the girls) was wearing a mask, but no-one else was. Back in the auditorium, we were talked at for an hour then had class photos. I'm taller than basically all the girls and they decide to put me up on the stand? I must have looked like a giant!! We sat back down and I was surrounded by around 20 girls!! They all kept saying kawaii (cute) which is REALLY embarrassing. I tried to remember all their names, and they ALL like high school musical?!! They were disappointed when i told them I didn't LOL. We had a uniform check. Seriously, they called our last names, we stepped through, put our hair behind our ears and stood there. They checked for earrings, wrong clothes, short skirts etc. All the girls were quickly tucking in wrong coloured jumpers and rolling their skits back down lol. I went home with 3 girls, Sara, Saora and Sachi. We stopped off at a 'dairy' and I bought heaps of food cause I was starving!! It is illegal to jaywalk in Japan, thats why there are soo many pedestrian crossings, so instead of crossing the road to the bus stop, we have to walk to the end of the road then cross!! They all got off the bus before me, I arrived at Nishi-Hiroshima station and took a train to Yokagawa station. I had to take a different train to get to Mitaki, and instead got on a train that went back to Nishi-Hiroshima!! So I went back to Yokogawa and found the right platform for Mitaki!! This must have taken around 40 mins!! I can be such an idiot sometimes, and yes, I had asked for help, 3 times, and still got on the wrong train!
Am looking forward to Thursday, my next day at school!!

4 comments:

  1. wonderful experiences for you Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you have to post pics of you in that uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I am disappointed too that you don't like High School Musical!! :P Haha but its so cool you had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll get Supika to take photos of me on monday ok

    ReplyDelete