Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cake Fail

I made a chocanilla cake yesterday but because the ingredients are all so different, it failed. The cake tasted watery, and the cocoa was salty?? I applaud Supika for her bravery in eating a second piece. I worked out why the milk is so different, it doesn`t have enough fat! It`s too watery! My dad bought some Jersey Cow milk the other day, but it still wasn`t as thick as NZ milk!! I drink it anyway, it`s still better than light blue!! They have vanilla essence, flour, baking powder etc. but the sugar is different, I`m not sure what type it is, and the butter is white. Not yellow. The combination just didn`t work =( But I`m so glad they have an oven!! Otherwise I`d be screwed!! I am going into school tomorrow, maybe to get my uniform etc. and it either starts on Mon or Tues next week. I am sooo nervous!! Especially cause I have to commute there and back alone, every day!!

2 comments:

  1. aww gutted.. should send ya some basic ingredients, i'm sure cocoa and sugar will get through customs ok. butter maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea I asked mum,I just realised there r comment son my blog lol

    ReplyDelete