Saturday, March 27, 2010

Here in the Land of the Rising Sun!!!

こんにちわ!!
Here I am, first time on the internet since NZ, and Japan is soooooo awesome!!!
Arrived in Tokyo at around 4.30pm then stayed at Nikko Narita Hotel for the night. Every AFS student was there but I didn`t get to meet them all!!
My orientation camp was in Osaka so we drove for 10 hours in a bus!!! I was with 2 other Kiwis Caitlin and Daeho. I went in the public baths for the 1st time!! Nobody really wanted to obviously hahaha, but I had my glasses off so it made it a bit better!!
We had the camp at a Youth Hostel, I didn`t notice when Kyoto finished and Osaka began, they are both so big!
I met the others going to Hiroshima: Tan from Maylasia, Nati from Costa Rica, Francois from Quebec and Anastasia from Russia. Yesterday, 27th, I went on the Shinkansen to Hiroshima!! Waiting for me at the station was my AFS chapter and Kouha!! He told me he would speak to me 90% Japanese and 10% English, which I am grateful for because it will help me very much!! But I have the impression he is like Lily, my Dad told me we are lucky if we see him more than 3 times a month!! hahahaha. I met Supika and my Mum, I have a very happy family!! =D
Last night Kouha walked me down to the train station to see what train I must take for school. It takes 20 minutes to walk to Yokogawa station, so I have to leave the house for school by 7.10am!!!
Today I met (I think) my Mum`s mother and sister, plus Supika`s cousin Miwa. We went to a small park around the corner for Hanami (flower viewing). We had a BBQ (10 degress outside!!) underneath a cherry blossom tree but they aren`tb in full bloom yet. I also pat Nana but I can`t pet Bright because he bites.
I`ll try and keep this updated as much as I can!!
じゃまって~~

No comments:

Post a Comment