Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The City

Today my host dad took me to the city and we ate in a restaurant for lunch. Then he dropped me off by the Peace Memorial Park and showed me which bus to take home. I put the photos up on facebook. I also went to the museum but I didn`t take any photos because it`s not the kind of thing you take photos of. There were diagrams of Hiroshima after the bomb and I`m surprised people survived it at all!! There were heaps of stories about students at work who were badly injured then died several days later. There was even a real tongue and skin and fingernails!! Eww!! I did a VERY quick tour of the museum. It wasn`t nice to dwell on. There was a shadow imprinted on a brick wall where someone had hid for cover and loads of old rusted items affected by the bomb. An old watch was stuck on the time 8.15.
I caught the bus back, in Japan you pay when you get off so I had to be told that hahaha. Everything is really expensive, unbelievably expensive!! 100grams of butter for the same price we‘d pay for 500grams!! I am so getting mum to send me some baking ingredients!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment